Robert G. Thornburgh, SIOR, CCIM, FRICS Optimist, real estate executive, investor and interested in all things #CRE.
Robert G. Thornburgh
Robert’s highly successful and respected career stems from over 20 years of faithful service to his clients, industry, and community. His breadth and depth of experience in commercial real estate are the direct result of his focus on integrity, innovation and transformational, service-oriented style of leadership.
Today, Robert is the Regional President of Southern California and a shareholder with Kidder Mathews. As a member of the company’s executive leadership team, he is directly involved with the firm’s overall vision, growth, and strategic planning. Before joining Kidder Mathews, he was the CEO of Heger Industrial for nearly 2 decades (now Kidder Mathews).
He has been consistently recognized across the commercial real estate industry for his focus on innovation, ethics and passion to help others achieve their goals. In 2020, he was honored as a “Best Boss” by ALM Media.
Robert is a past Global President of the prestigious Society of Industrial & Office Realtors and continues to volunteer his time serving as a board member. He also maintains a role on the Board of Directors for CREtech.
He proudly holds 4 of the most respected designations within the commercial real estate industry – SIOR, Society of Industrial and Office Realtors, CCIM, Certified Commercial Investment Member, CPM, Certified Property Manager through the Institute of Real Estate Management, and FRICS, Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. This is a distinction that less than 1 percent of all global commercial real estate practitioners hold.
- Regional President, Brokerage at Kidder Mathews
- Recognized 2020 “Best Boss” in Commercial Real Estate by ALM Media
- CEO, Heger Industrial
- President, SIOR Global (2019)
- Past Regional Director, SIOR Global West Region
- Past President, SIOR Los Angeles Chapter
- Past President & Chairman, Los Angeles Transportation Club (LATC)
- Broker of the Year (Heger Industrial multiple year recipient)
- Circle of Excellence Honoree (Heger Industrial multiple year recipient)
- Roy C. Seeley Perpetual Award
- National 40 under 40 Honoree, Real Estate Forum
- CCIM Star Recipient
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with an emphasis in Finance from Pepperdine University, a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from San Diego State University, and a Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies from Cottonwood School of Ministry.